Neymar Can Break Transfer Record, but Pogba More Worth Selling
Neymar increasingly close to becoming the most expensive player in the world, shifting Paul Pogba. However, about the marketable value, Pogba is still superior.
Neymar has been eager to leave Barcelona and wait for Paris Saint-Germain is reportedly ready to redeem it with a value of 222 million euros (Rp 3.4 trillion).
If realized, the transfer fee will break the transfer record Paul Pogba purchased Manchester United worth 105 million euros from Juventus.
However, it turns out Pogba is more valuable than Neymar.
Sport Pro sports media released 50 highest-selling athletes throughout 2017.
In the report, Neymar is ranked second while Pogba is in the top position of a total of ten footballers who entered the list.
To rank all athletes, Pogba is ranked third, while Neymar in seventh rank.
The report is prepared based on the potential sale value of the athlete for three years.
The potential selling value is assessed from six criteria, ie the value of the athlete against money, age, charisma, the willingness of the athlete to be marketed, the added value of the club, and the comparison of attractiveness. (Kautsar Restu)
Here are the top 10 positions of the highest-selling athlete released by Sport Pro:
1. Anthony Joshua – British Boxing
2. Stephen Curry – Basketball – United States
3. Paul Pogba – Soccer – France
4. Conor McGregor – MMA – Ireland
5. Kohli Virus – Cricket – India
6. Jordan Spieth – Golf – United States
7. Neymar – Soccer – Brazil
8. Simone Biles – Gymnastik – United States
9. Mikaela Shiffrin – Skiing – United States
10. Odell Beckham Jr – Rugby – United States